Tour Itineraries and Activities
A visit to the Ancient Kapilavastu gives the visitors a brief insight on life of Prince Siddhartha and foundation of Buddhism. There are at least 130 identified archeological sites scattered throughout the Kapilavastu district. Seven of these sites are highly recommended to the visitors.
Tour Highlights to Ancient Kapilavastu
- Visit Tilaurakot, the Prince Siddhartha's hometown and the ancient capital city of Sakya Kingdom.
- Visit Kudan, the ancient Nyigrodharama.
- Visit the birth places of two early Buddhas, Krakuchhanda at Gotihawa and Kanakamuni at Niglihawa.
- Visit Sagarhawa to pay homage to noble Sakyas who were massacred here.
- Visit Araurakot, Sisaniya, Bikulikot etc.
- Indulge in bird watching and leisure visit to Jagadispur Tal, the largest manmade reservoir in Nepal.
- Enjoy the indigenous Tharu cultures at Jagadispur Tharu home-stay.
- Village/cultural tours in the rural villages to experience the exceptional cultural beauties, rural livelihood and traditions.
- Visit other pilgrimage and historic sites such as Tauleshwor Nath temple, Ramghat, Lakhman Ghat, Shivagadhi, Kapiladham, Shringi Ashram, Madhuban Dham etc.