Available Facilities and Services
How to Get There
- Taulihawa is linked by local road networks to Lumbini, Bhairahawa, Krishnanagar, Jitpur/Butwal, Bangai, and Gorusinghe.
- Public bus services are available in Bhairahawa-Lumbini-Taulihawa, JiturJahadi-Taulihawa and Krishnapur-Taulihawa routes.
- Currently there are day and night bus services to Taulihawa from Kathmandu and major cities in the eastern and western Nepal. More frequent bus services are available in Lumbini, Bhairahawa and Butwal.
- E-rick-shaw can be hired at Taulihawa to visit major sites in the Ancient Kapilavastu.
Where to Stay
- Only a few tourist hotels with very limited bed capacity are currently available in Taulihawa. But several local hotels are available in Taulihawa and Gorusinghe.
- A newly established Tharu home-stay at Jagadispur village offers homestay accommodation and meals for the visitors.
- Ranges of accommodation facilities are available in Lumbini, Bhairahawa and Butwal, the nearby cities from the Ancient Kapilavastu.
- Indian nationals can also enter into the Ancient Kapilavastu via Khunuwa and Chakadchouda entry points along Nepal-India borders.
Other Facilities and Services
- Tourist class and big hotels offer free Wi-Fi facility to their guests.
- Credit card is accepted by tourist standard hotels in Bhairahawa and Lumbini.
- Limited trained heritage tour guides are available at Tilaurakot. 87
- Tourist information can also be obtained from Lumbini Development Trust site office inTilaurakot.
- Basic health and first-aid facilities are available at Taulihawa. Hospitals are located in Bhairahawa and Butwal only.